Every photographer worth his salt needs a camera bag to travel and work. A good bag allows you to keep things neat and tidy as well as provide durability and utility in carrying your gear to your shoots. After hours of research of the various camera bags in the market, we have assembled recommendations for the best camera bags in India for every type of photographer.
Best Backpack Style Camera Bag in India
Best Messenger Style Camera Bag in India
AmazonBasics DSLR and Laptop Backpack – Best camera bag for beginners
- 2 SLR camera bodies
- 3-4 lenses
- 15 inch laptop
- Additional smaller accessories
The AmazonBasics backpack is a camera bag from Amazon’s own private label brand AmazonBasics.
The design is minimalist. It comes in only one colour, that is black. This bag holds your basic necessities whuile providing comfortable padding. It looks deceptively small but holds decent amount of gear – 1 laptop, a DSLR, 2 lenses, a flash and extras including batteries, business cards, memory cards etc.
Only drawback with the design is that it will look small on a tall man/woman. You can carry the bag with you in an airplane as a hand baggage and can be attached to a rolling suitcase very easily.
Inside of the bag, you will find dividers attached with velcro which you can change with your gear. There are two clear zip pockets in which you can hold batteries, memory cards and other items. It also has a zippered pocket outside the bag which can be used for holding snacks or items which you want to keep away from the camera gear. Also, there are side pockets to keep something you want to access easily.
One of the biggest drawbacks for this backpack is that it is not waterproof. You will have to find a rain cover for it to use it in rainy conditions.
Who is it for?
The bag is ideal for an amateur or beginner photographer who doesn’t have to many lenses or cameras to carry around yet and is currently in the process of becoming a professional. The professional photographer will not find enough pockets for organization.
Lowepro Runner 350 AW – Best Camera backpack for Professionals in IndiaNo products found.
- DSLR with grip
- 500mm f/4 lens
- 2-4 extra lenses
- Tripod or monopod
- 15 inch laptop
- Tablet Accessories and personal items
The Lowepro 350 AW has been a favourite of many photographers since it came out and is still one of the most popular bags.
The Lowepro 350 AW has a place for everything. It can store two cameras and multiple lenses. It has adjustable interior compartments to store whatever you like in whatever way you like. It can even fit a 15 inch laptop snugly.
The interior is well padded to protect the gear from any shocks with plents of spaces to store all the accessories you might imagine like memory cards, business cards, straps etc.
It also comes in two more sizes – one smaller and one bigger. We think this size is currently ideal for most photographers. It has the perfect balance between portability and storage. It can also be attached to the handle of a rolling suitcase easily.
The Lowepro 350 AW has a tripod holder in the form of compression straps. It has a built-in all weather cover which you can use in case it rains.
Who is it for?
The Lowepro Runner 350 AW is for the professional photographer who wants to carry all his devices to a shoot to be fully prepared.
No products found.
AmazonBasics DSLR Messenger Bag – Best Small Messenger Bag for Beginners in India
- One DSLR/SLR camera
- 2 lenses
- One tablet
- Accessories and personal items
Tenba Messenger – Best Messenger Camera Bag for Professionals in India
- One DSLR/SLR camera bodies
- Three lenses
- 15 inch laptop
- Additional accessories
How to select the best camera bag?
There is no one-size-fits-all camera backpack for everyone; fortunately, you will find the good one that fits you if you know your purpose of photography. For instance, if you love landscape photography, a compact backpack would be ideal for your journey. Here are some tips for choosing a good backpack for your next photographic trip.
- Materials: You need a lighter and better water-resistance for covering your camera body and accessory, so man-made hi-tech materials like ballistic nylon is preferred.
- Protection: Do remember that the more padding a bag has the more protection it offers. And one more thing you have to look for exposed robust zips that cannot let in water.
- Capacity: Thinking of how big you need for holding your camera stuff. Suppose you are into travel and photography, you will want something small, hence a more compact backpack will be good. We generally preferred camera bags which had a laptop compartment as it is very convenient
- Camera Bag Style: The style and design of your camera bag will help you carry your camera gear safely, but it also determines how comfortably you’ll carry the gear. Finding just the right mix of safety, comfort, and style in a camera bag will help you better enjoy your photography experience. There are different types of camera bags – backpack, messenger, sling etc. and it depends on the preference of the end user.
Last update on 2021-02-25